NUR 250 - Leadership and Management Concepts
1 Lecture Hours 120 Clinical Hours
Prerequisites: NUR 240
This capstone course is designed to integrate previous concepts through an in-depth clinical experience. The emphasis is placed on the transition from the student role to that of the professional nurse. The focus is on coordination and supervision of patient care utilizing leadership and management concepts. Clinical assignment during this course requires students to be flexible based on the mentors work schedule. This course includes an NCLEX review that requires an additional fee. This course is graded on a Pass/Fail basis. This course requires a per credit health career fee; check the tuition and fee schedule for the current rate.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Integrate clinical judgment to facilitate transformation of knowledge, skills and values in a variety of healthcare delivery systems.
- Integrate caring and knowledge of cultural diversity when providing care to patients at various points across the lifespan.
- Critique the effectiveness of communication with the interdisciplinary healthcare team utilizing principles of management and delegation.
- Prioritize teaching and learning needs of patients and families in culturally diverse settings across the lifespan.
- Implement the role of the professional nurse when caring for patients and families in diverse healthcare delivery systems.
- Management techniques
- Care of multiple patients in an acute setting
- Clinical decision making and prioritization
- Situation Background Assessment Recommendation (SBAR)
Leadership and Management textbook, Medical-Surgical textbook, online learning resources and simulation technology.
Students who successfully complete this course acquire general knowledge, skills and abilities that align with CCAC’s definition of an educated person. Specifically, this course fulfills these General Education Goals:
Approved By: Johnson, Alex Date Approved: 03/21/2011
- Culture Society and Citizenship
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)