THE 122 - Technical Theatre 2
3 Lecture Hours
Prerequisites: THE 121
In this course students will refine the skills learned in Technical Theatre 1. Computer lighting and sound control will be used. Advanced scenic construction techniques will be presented as well as the duties and responsibilities of theatre personnel.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Define the role of the designer working within an artistic team.
- Research historical accuracy of architectural details within genera as it relates to an individual’s theatrical production.
- Identify the different types of stage lights and explain their functions.
- Read a light plot and hang the fixtures.
- Demonstrate a competency in the various crew positions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the different fly systems and safe rigging practices.
- Design sets.
- Construct and paint scenery.
- Role of designers
- Architectural designs
- Construction techniques
- Hand/power tool instruction operation
- Scenic design and paint
Hand and power tools
Theater scenic materials (wood, rope, fabric, paint, etc.)
Approved By: Sutin, Stewart Date Approved: 07/13/2006
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)