WLD 196 - Welding for Plumbing 1
3 Lecture Hours
This welding course is designed to provide basic welding skills for the plumbing industry. The course includes theory and safety procedures in oxyacetylene cutting, soldering and brazing of copper tubing.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Set up and shut down oxy-fuel equipment safely.
- Discuss the methods used to join and assemble different kinds of pipe joints.
- Use proper techniques for gas and arc welding and cutting.
- Solder and braze copper and plastic tubing.
- Interpret weld symbols most often found in plumbing maintenance work.
- Oxyacetylene cutting
- Weld symbols
Instructor-approved textbook and materials
Students who successfully complete this course acquire general knowledge, skills and abilities that align with CCAC’s definition of an educated person. Specifically, this course fulfills these General Education Goals:
Approved By: Murphy, Michael Date Approved: 01/28/2014
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Information Literacy
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)