ART 109 - Drawing 1
5 Studio Hours
This is a foundations art course in the fundamentals of drawing using various media. Observational drawing skills are developed through subject matter ranging from still life, landscape, the figure, interiors and exteriors to more individualized creative expression. Students apply techniques, vocabulary and communication skills through projects and critiques.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Render three-dimensional objects and space in a two-dimensional format using line.
- Render three-dimensional objects and space in a two-dimensional format using value.
- Utilize gestural drawing techniques.
- Utilize linear perspective principles to portray geometric objects in space.
- Critique the work of peers using appropriate terminology.
- Observational seeing and drawing
- Drawing media
- Contour line
- Line quality
- Value and gradation
- Linear perspective
- Gesture drawing
- Figure drawing
- Critical analysis
Materials and textbooks as required by instructor, figure model (nude) sessions, museums visits, gallery visits and internet research.
Students who successfully complete this course acquire general knowledge, skills and abilities that align with CCAC’s definition of an educated person. Specifically, this course fulfills these General Education Goals:
Approved By: Dr. Quintin B. Bullock Date Approved: 5/2/2022
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)