ART 229 - Printmaking 2
5 Studio Hours
Prerequisites: ART 129
This course is a continuation of ART 129 Printmaking 1 and provides students further exploration of printmaking processes. Students expand their knowledge and technique through the appropriate use of tools, inks and paper and the production of edition prints. Multi-color printing techniques are examined through various printmaking media. Students utilize the design process to develop and refine their concepts for use in printing.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Develop original concepts through the design process into finished printed works.
- Apply the proper sequence of techniques to produce a multi-color print.
- Develop greater control over printmaking media.
- Employ various printmaking techniques to achieve high quality prints.
- Critique prints with informed and accurate communication using appropriate terminology.
- Multi-colored prints
Instructor approved textbook and materials
Students who successfully complete this course acquire general knowledge, skills and abilities that align with CCAC’s definition of an educated person. Specifically, this course fulfills these General Education Goals:
Approved By: Dr. Quintin B. Bullock Date Approved: 5/2/2022
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)