ART 260 - European Art/Architecture
5 Studio Hours
This course is an on-site survey of European Art and Architecture. The student will experience first hand the work of some of the great European artists.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Identify art and architecture of other cultures and eras.
- Outline the history of art, having viewed the actual work, places and culture in which it was produced.
- Write research paper on relevant topic covered.
- European art and architecture
- Countries visited
- Travel and cultural awareness
- On site study of painting, sculpture, architecture, decorative arts
- Slide lecture on relevant cultures to be visited
- Research paper
Gardner’s History of Art
On-site catalogues, pamphlets
Students who successfully complete this course acquire general knowledge, skills and abilities that align with CCAC’s definition of an educated person. Specifically, this course fulfills these General Education Goals:
Approved By: Dr. Quintin B. Bullock Date Approved: 5/2/2022
- Culture Society and Citizenship
- Information Literacy
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)