Mar 22, 2023
CRT 208 - Literary 2
3 Lecture Hours
Prerequisites: CRT 108
Co-requisites: CRT 206 and CRT 207
This course emphasizes speed development of Literary material. Oral note reading is also stressed. The goal is writing 120-140 words per minute for five minutes with transcription accuracy of 95 percent or better using Case CATalyst software.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Identify and analyze stroking errors and fluently read aloud machine shorthand notes.
- Write dictation of Literary material at 120-140 words per minute using machine shorthand skills and transcribe under institutional supervision with the goal of 95 percent accuracy or higher by the end of the course.
- Write with speed and accuracy through sustained dictation periods at 120-140 words per minute for five minutes with transcription accuracy of 95 percent or higher.
- Use correct grammar and punctuation when transcribing.
- Internet research on vocabulary, spelling and word meanings within the context of dictated material
- Sustained classroom practice and readback in an environment that facilitates speed development
- Stenograph University Online/Accelerators
Required Text: Department selected text
Stenograph University Online Pass Code with Performance eValuator
Required Materials: Stenograph paper, ribbons, realtime cables and connections
Audio-Visual Materials: Stenograph Testimony, Jury Charge and Captioning Accelerators
Available in Reserve Room of the library and on the Internet
Directed Study: Practice thee hours daily utilizing CDs, tutorials and online dictation materials
Open Court Reporting Lab
Students who successfully complete this course acquire general knowledge, skills and abilities that align with CCAC’s definition of an educated person. Specifically, this course fulfills these General Education Goals:
Approved By: Johnson, Alex Date Approved: 05/05/2011
- Technological Competency
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)