DAN 131P - Dance Practicum 2
3 Skills Lab Hours
Prerequisites: DAN 130P
This course is an intensive study in the practical application of dance performance techniques. Students will participate in both student and faculty choreographed works, culminating in a fully produced dance concert. All aspects of dance performance, choreography, and production will be explored and refined.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Demonstrate intermediate level modern dance technique.
- Employ use of choreography to design dance routines.
- Show the ability to take a leadership role in the rehearsal process.
- Demonstrate the communicative power of dance through performance .
- Operate as a team with technical theatre students in the production of a dance performance.
- Refining dance technique
- Partnering techniques
- Tools of choreography
- Working in a collaborative art form
- The dance performance in front of an audience
Books, videotapes, music, tapes, and possible field trips to other dance companies will be used.
Approved By: Johnson, Alex Date Approved: 04/27/2009
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)