DAN 201 - Modern Dance 3
3 Skills Lab Hours
Prerequisites: DAN 101, DAN 102
This is an intermediate level technique class, students will increase their muscular strength, flexibility, kinesthetic awareness and cardiovascular capacity. Modern dance exercises will be presented to enhance the students spacial and rhythmic awareness. Choreographic for small groups will be explored.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Demonstrate an understanding of dance as an art form within a cultural context.
- Perform dance combinations at an intermediate to advanced level.
- Show an increase in their muscular strength, flexibility, kinesthetic awareness and cardiovascular capacity.
- Choreograph a short dance composition utilizing theme and variation.
- Prepare a paper analyzing the dance work in terms of form and content after attending a professional dance production.
- Flexibility exercises
- Intermediate dance techniques
- Dance phrases to develop an understanding of the use of body weight.
- Application of human animation software to choreography
- Compositional concepts (theme and variation)
- Influence of culture on dance.
Lifeforms Human Animation software
Videotapes of Dance Masterworks
Approved By: Sutin, Stewart Date Approved: 05/02/2006
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)