CLR 229 - Culinary Retail Kitchen
1 Lecture Hours 4 Lab Hours
Prerequisites: CLR 110 , CLR 117 and CLR 201
In this course students work collaboratively to plan and prepare food served to the public in a retail setting. Correct application of culinary skills, plate presentation, organization and timing in producing menu items are stressed. Students improve their cooking skills and techniques to aid their progress to a career in a commercial kitchen. Program uniform and knife kit are required for this course.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Practice the principles of kitchen safety and sanitation.
- Compose a luncheon menu.
- Write a food requisition.
- Create a standardized recipe.
- Prepare menu items, following standardized recipes.
- Construct a culinary portfolio.
- Menu development
- Food requisition
- Menu production
- Principles of service
- Culinary journal and portfolio
Instructor-approved textbook and materials
Students who successfully complete this course acquire general knowledge, skills and abilities that align with CCAC’s definition of an educated person. Specifically, this course fulfills these General Education Goals:
Approved By: Dr. Quintin B. Bullock Date Approved: 3/12/2021
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)