May 30, 2023
FLM 202 - Production Design for Film
4 Skills Lab Hours
In this course, students explore production design on location and in interior and exterior studio environments. Art direction and coordination of all crew components are explored. Students design and build a set. Students work in an art department on a film. Budgets, transportation, locations and crew safety are explored.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Cite the requirements of scenic construction and paint for a completed set.
- Review blueprints for accurate execution of scenery in the shop, in the studio and on location.
- Implement property and set dressing requirements based on agreed upon lists.
- Create a schedule of required components for studio and location productions.
- Identify required production forms following budget guidelines.
- Identify safety components required for construction, transportation, setup and dismantling of scenery.
- Create production design and scenery using a computer software program.
- Fabricate a complete set wall.
- Crew roles and responsibilities
- Scheduling, collaboration and communication
- Appropriate construction techniques
- Production forms, budgeting and completion
- Color palettes
Film, video, media, lecture, internet and textbooks
Students who successfully complete this course acquire general knowledge, skills and abilities that align with CCAC’s definition of an educated person. Specifically, this course fulfills these General Education Goals:
Approved By: Dr. Quintin B. Bullock Date Approved: 3/16/2022
- Technological Competence
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
- Quantitative & Scientific Reasoning
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)