MMC 280 - Multimedia Capstone
3 Skills Lab Hours
Prerequisites: Students must complete all MMC and CIT program requirements
Co-requisites: MMC 270
This course provides students with the experience of industry standard project design and development. Students work in teams to develop a video game from pre-production through the post-production phases for their portfolios. During the course, industry software and practices are reviewed and implemented into the overall experience. At the end of the course, students pitch their product to potential clients. This course is to be taken in final spring semester of study.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Produce industry standard video game documentation.
- Establish manageable project scope for all phases of game design and development.
- Articulate team member roles and responsibilities.
- Prioritize game development elements in a team environment.
- Implement a video game production pipeline from start to finish in a team environment.
- Soft skills in the workplace
- Team based work
- Software sevelopment life cycles
- Video game production pipeline
- Project management
- Project scope
- Collaborative software
- Video game design software
- Video game development software
- Target audience technical specifications
- Portfolio design
- Resume design
Instructor approved textbooks and materials
Students who successfully complete this course acquire general knowledge, skills and abilities that align with CCAC’s definition of an educated person. Specifically, this course fulfills these General Education Goals:
Approved By: Dr. Quintin B. Bullock Date Approved: 11/5/2021
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
- Technological Competence
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)