ATE 118 - CNG Fuel System Inspector, Experimental
1 Skills Lab Hours
The compressed natural gas (CNG) Fuel System Inspector Course is designed to prepare the student for the CNG Fuel System Inspector Certification Exam. This course also educates and prepares students in the proper installation and inspection of CNG vehicle components.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Identify the properties of compressed natural gas and how it compares to other fuels.
- Describe the purpose and function of compressed natural gas vehicle components.
- Describe the proper installation guidelines of compressed natural gas vehicle components.
- Analyze the various types of compressed natural gas vehicle component damage.
- Demonstrate proper visual and detailed visual inspection techniques.
- Introduction to natural gas & natural gas vehicles
- Natural gas fuel system requirements
- Applicable standards for fuel storage cylinders and pressure relief devices
- Physical assessment of CNG cylinders and pressure relief devices
Compressed natural gas vehicle fuel system inspection
Students who successfully complete this course acquire general knowledge, skills and abilities that align with CCAC’s definition of an educated person. Specifically, this course fulfills these General Education Goals:
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)