ART 148 - Color
5 Studio Hours
In this course students explore and complete projects in various two-dimensional media that demonstrate effective use of color theory as it applies to fine art and design. Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills are fostered by applying color theory to individualized projects within set parameters. Class critiques guide students in the ability to critique artwork with effective communication while using appropriate terminology.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Apply the terminology and concepts used in color theory.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand and utilize color schemes.
- Complete projects demonstrating understanding of color theory.
- Demonstrate proﬁciency in applied technique.
- Analyze artwork critically using appropriate terminology.
- Color psychology
- Color schemes
- Color mixing
- Additive and subtractive color
- Color theory
Instructor-approved textbook and materials
Students who successfully complete this course acquire general knowledge, skills and abilities that align with CCAC’s definition of an educated person. Specifically, this course fulfills these General Education Goals:
Approved By: Dr. Quintin B. Bullock Date Approved: 5/2/2022
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)