ART 283 - Advanced Art Workshop 3
5 Studio Hours
Prerequisites: ART 282
This course is for students who wish to further their artistic practice and have completed all coursework in their chosen medium. Advanced art students further define their personal aesthetic while building their technical skills. Emphasis is placed on developing a cohesive body of artwork through studio practice, critique and research.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Develop a plan for creative direction and personal goals.
- Explore pathways for artistic development in the chosen medium.
- Develop a cohesive body of work for inclusion in a portfolio.
- Demonstrate an increased level in technical knowledge within the specific chosen medium.
- Articulate conceptual direction of artwork in a critique through self-analysis.
- Artistic research and development
- Personal aesthetic
- Technical knowledge of medium
- Portfolio development
Students who successfully complete this course acquire general knowledge, skills and abilities that align with CCAC’s definition of an educated person. Specifically, this course fulfills these General Education Goals:
Approved By: Dr. Quintin B. Bullock Date Approved: 5/2/2022
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
- Culture Society & Citizenship
Last Reviewed: 5/2/2022
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)