Dec 10, 2023
ATE 108 - State Inspection Certification
1 Lecture Hours
This course is a Pennsylvania State directed Safety Inspection Certification Program. It is designed for anyone wishing to become Pennsylvania Certified to perform safety inspections on motor vehicles requiring inspection. Students must be 18 years of age and hold a valid driver’s license. This course is graded Pass/Fail, based on the student achieving a score of at least 70% on the Baseline Test. In order to be eligible for the Inspector License, students must also achieve a score of at least 70% on a Category Test, as well as satisfactorily completing a scheduled hands-on Tactile Test, within a year of completing the course.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Measure the condition and serviceability of specific components on a motor vehicle.
- Perform a thorough safety inspection of a motor vehicle in accordance with applicable standards set forth by Pennsylvania law.
- Identify the classification of a motor vehicle based on weight, number of passengers and type of use.
- Interpret PA Code Section 175.80 for application in a motor vehicle inspection as presented by PA Pub 45.
- Pennsylvania automotive safety regulations
- Safety inspection tools
- Administrative procedures
- Pennsylvania motor vehicle forms
- Detailed explanation of PA Code, Section 175.80
Current Pennsylvania Vehicle Equipment and Inspection Regulation Manual.
Students who successfully complete this course acquire general knowledge, skills and abilities that align with CCAC’s definition of an educated person. Specifically, this course fulfills these General Education Goals: Approved By: Dr. Quintin B. Bullock Date Approved: 10/13/2023
Last Reviewed: 10/13/2023
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)