ATE 130 - Automotive Brake Systems
4 Skills Lab Hours
Prerequisites: ATE 103
This course covers the diagnosis, troubleshooting and repair of disc and drum brake systems, power brake boosters, master cylinders, wheel cylinders and related components. Certain course sections are manufacturer-specific.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Complete the removal and replacement of disc / drum brake components, including machining rotors and drums.
- Describe fixed and floating front and rear brake calipers.
- Describe different types of hydraulic split systems used on current model vehicles.
- Evaluate the necessity to overhaul or replace wheel cylinders, calipers, master cylinders and power brake units.
- Demonstrate how to bleed the hydraulic system.
- Hydraulic brake systems
- Disc/drum brake systems
- 4-wheel disc systems
- Power brake systems
- Parking brake systems
- Rotor and drum machining
Instructor-approved textbook and materials
Students who successfully complete this course acquire general knowledge, skills and abilities that align with CCAC’s definition of an educated person. Specifically, this course fulfills these General Education Goals:
Approved By: Dr. Quintin B. Bullock Date Approved: 3/25/2021
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)