Jun 01, 2023
ATE 151 - Automotive Climate Systems
4 Skills Lab Hours
This course covers the principles of refrigeration, air conditioning controls and the diagnosis, trouble-shooting and repair of automotive heating and air conditioning systems. Certain course sections are manufacturer-specific.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Perform the steps used to recover, evacuate and recharge an automotive/light truck air conditioning system.
- Demonstrate removal and replacement procedures for air conditioning/heating components.
- Diagnose problems in the heating and air conditioning system including electrical circuit diagnosis and repair.
- Explain the importance of Federal Certification under Section 609.
- Basic theory and operation of heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems
- Automotive/light truck refrigeration system diagnosis and repair
- Multi-zone air conditioning system
- Heating and cooling system
- Recovery, evacuation and recharge equipment
- Leak detection/dye equipment to diagnose A/C leaks
- Federal Certification under Sec. 609
Instructor-approved textbook and materials
Students who successfully complete this course acquire general knowledge, skills and abilities that align with CCAC’s definition of an educated person. Specifically, this course fulfills these General Education Goals:
Approved By: Dr. Quintin B. Bullock Date Approved: 3/25/2021
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)