HEO 106 - Equipment Operations 2
3 Lecture Hours 6 Lab Hours
Prerequisites: HEO 102
This course covers inspection and uses of various wire ropes, lifting devices, and hardware used in hoisting operations. Students are also instructed in the proper application and usage of fuels, lubricants, and coolants. The student also learns design and application of tires and tracks utilized in the construction industry. Also covered is the proper maintenance and usage of tires and tracks to prevent premature failure.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Demonstrate the various uses of wire ropes, lifting devices and hardware for hoisting operations.
- List applications for fuels, lubricants and coolants for heavy equipment.
- Describe the proper storage and handling procedures for fuels, lubricants and coolants.
- Identify appropriate tires and tracks for the various types of heavy equipment such as: dozers, loaders, graders, etc.
- Explain the steps required to properly maintain the tires and tracks used on heavy equipment.
- Provide examples of methods to prevent premature failure of tires and tracks.
- Explain the proper operating practices associated with the use of tires and tracks.
- Hardware for Hoisting Operations
- Fuels, Lubricants and Coolants
- Tires and Tracks for Heavy Equipment
- Proper Maintenance of Tires and Tracks
- Rigging and Reeving, IUOE
- Tires and Tracks (FOS), John Deere
- Your Undercarriage Guide, CAT
- Fuels, Oils, Coolants (FOS), John Deere
Approved By: Johnson, Alex Date Approved: 09/11/2008
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)