MUS 122 - History of Music 2
3 Lecture Hours
This course in an in-depth study of Western art music from 1750 until present day. The materials covered by this class are examined through source study, analytical listening and research. Lectures cover musical form, practice and style, as well as world history.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Recite the story of Western music’s continued development.
- Present a specific facet of musicology.
- Synthesize world history with music history.
- Identify important composers by name through listening.
- Summarize the important developments in the evolution of musical composition.
- Classical music
- Composition and form
- Romantic music
- Twentieth century music
Approved By: Johnson, Alex Date Approved: 05/05/2011
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)