OTA 212C - Occupational Therapy Fieldwork 1/Behavioral and Community Health
48 Clinical Hours
Prerequisites: OTA 201
Co-requisites: OTA 202
This course provides students with experience through directed observation and participation in behavioral and community health settings. This course is graded on a pass/fail basis. This course requires a per credit health career fee; check the tuition and fee schedule for the current rate.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Display a professional appearance that does not interfere with patient/client relationship.
- Employ effective time management skills.
- Demonstrate professional oral and written communication skills.
- Display appropriate therapeutic interactions and involvement in the healthcare environment.
- Exercise dependability by successfully completing all Fieldwork related assignments.
- Show initiative in an appropriate and professional manner.
- Demonstrate responsibility for learning throughout the Fieldwork experience.
- Display an openness and willingness in response to supervision for professional development.
- Demonstrate safety in all aspects of the Fieldwork experience.
- Employ environmental maintenance consistently throughout the Fieldwork experience.
- Various clinical topics will be addressed and applied during this assignment. Topics may vary due to the patients/clients seen at each specific location as well as occupational therapy treatment programming offered.
No specific texts are required for fieldwork experiences. However, there may be assignments and readings from texts used in the corresponding lecture/lab course(s), previous courses and other professional publications.
Students who successfully complete this course acquire general knowledge, skills and abilities that align with CCAC's definition of an educated person. Specifically, this course fulfills these General Education Goals:
Approved By: Dr. Quintin B. Bullock Date Approved: 11/19/2019
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)