HPE 102 - Aerobic Fitness
3 Activity Hours
This is a course designed to improve each student’s fitness level by providing various types of fitness activities such as Step Aerobics, Circuits, Interval Training, Weights and Bands.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Demonstrate improvement in cardiovascular health, muscular strength and endurance.
- Improve their flexibility and reduce body fat.
- Identify fitness activities for different stages of life.
- Pulse monitoring techniques
- Using formula to find “target heart rate”
- Proper step aerobic techniques
- Correct use of weights and bands for strengthening and endurance
- Introduction to Interval and Circuit Training
- Two workshops will be presented on various fitness issues
Pertinent handouts and or text as designated by instructor.
Approved By: Sutin, Stewart Date Approved: 04/13/2007
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)