HPE 107 - Basketball and Softball
3 Activity Hours
A course designed to enable students to participate effectively in two sports, basketball and softball. The emphasis in this particular course will be upon the learning of the rules, mechanics, strategies, and playing of each individual sport. The course is intended to fulfill the basic physical education requirement at most transfer institutions.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Demonstrate an ability to play basketball and softball.
- Review various teaching methods for people of average or above average skill levels.
- Successfully demonstrate proper shooting techniques of basketball.
- Exhibit offensive and defensive situations and strategies for basketball.
- Identify team concepts for basketball.
- Perform proper throwing techniques for softball.
- Exhibit proper defensive alignment and adjustments for softball.
- Identify team concepts for softball.
- Origins of both sports
- Scoring and rules of both sports
- Coaching in a recreational setting
- Variations of each sport
- Proper field conditions
Pertinent handouts and or text as designated by instructor.
Approved By: Sutin, Stewart Date Approved: 04/13/2007
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)