HPE 117 - Fitness Walking
2 Activity Hours
The course is designed to give students a positive experience with guidelines for developing various levels of intensity in a wholesome environment. Walking and proper nutritional habits provide a lifetime fitness combination that includes cardiovascular development and weight control.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Identify the importance of regular participation.
- Recognize that walking is an inexpensive individual or group activity that can be incorporated into anyone’s lifestyle.
- Demonstrate techniques to reduce stress and increase self-esteem.
- Establish goals related to health.
- Develop a personal agenda for fitness walking.
- Proper exercise on a regular basis will improve bodily functions
- Encourage students to exercise throughout a lifetime
- Create habits for success in all phases of life
- Maintain cardiovascular development
- Weight Management
- Encourage nutritional eating
- Body fat evaluation
- Workout routines and interval walking
- Fitness Evaluation: 1 mile, 12 minute test, body weight, body fat evaluation
Pertinent handouts and or text as designated by instructor.
Approved By: Sutin, Stewart Date Approved: 04/13/2007
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)