HPE 205 - Organization and Management of Adult Fitness Programs
3 Lecture Hours
This is a course designed to provide students with the theoretical and practical experience in organizing and managing physical fitness programs for adults.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Identify the elements of a comprehensive adult fitness program.
- Demonstrate necessary skills to develop, implement and evaluate adult fitness programs.
- Review the personnel and their roles in administration and program management within an adult fitness facility.
- Indicate legal issues related to administration of adult fitness programs.
- Develop strategic plans for promoting adult fitness programs.
- Explain the elements a budget and administering fitness programs within budgetary guidelines.
- Describe the equipment recommended for adult fitness programs.
- Report the importance of keeping records of all aspects of adult fitness programs.
- Conducting adult fitness programs.
- Operation and management concerns of adult fitness programs.
- Advertising techniques and promotion.
- Membership/Customer services, service philosophy.
- Program planning for adult fitness programs
- Budget and financial concerns.
- Facility planning and design.
- Proper equipment selection and maintenance.
- Legal liability and safety concerns.
- Program planning for special populations.
- Successful management strategies
Approved By: Sutin, Stewart Date Approved: 04/13/2007
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)