PAL 201 - Advanced Legal Research and Writing
3 Lecture Hours
Prerequisites: PAL 101
Students are trained to prepare research and analyze search in memoranda and briefs.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Build on skills obtained in Legal Research and Writing 1 and apply these research skills to writings.
- Write memorandums.
- Draft more formal writings such as appellate briefs and formal memorandum of law.
- Review of tools of a legal researcher from PAL 101
- Development of in-depth approach to analyzing case law
- Formats for various research projects including inter-office memorandums, trial briefs, and appellate briefs
Contemporary texts, software, and appropriate A-V materials.
Approved By: Lauth, Laurence Date Approved: 01/17/1983
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)