PHT 103 - Pharmacy Practice 1
2 Lecture Hours 3 Lab Hours
Prerequisites: CIT 100 , PHT 100 and PHT 101
This course encompasses the collection and organization of information for patient care, drug use review and departmental management. The role of the technician in the purchasing, inventory, and billing of pharmaceuticals, devices and supplies is also explored. Additionally, the student learns prescription assessment and practices various means of cart fill and exchange. This course requires a per credit health career fee; Check the tuition and fee schedule for the current rate.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Perform manual and automated cart fills and exchanges.
- Explain purchasing and inventory control of pharmaceuticals.
- Explain drug use review and safe medication use.
- Explain retail practice and over the counter drugs.
- Medical and pharmacy records
- Manual cart fill
- Automated cart fill
- Controlled substances
- Quality assurance
- Safe medication use
- Managed care billing
- Communication skills and negotiation
- Purchasing and inventory control/long term care
- Retail practice
- Over the counter drugs
- Nutritional support
- Drug therapy monitoring
Lectures, discussion, laboratory sessions, etc.
Approved By: Johnson, Alex Date Approved: 04/15/2010
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)