PLT 100 - Introduction to the Plumbing Profession
1 Lecture Hours
This course introduces students to the plumbing trade and teaches basic plumbing skills. Students will recognize the opportunities and commitments involved in a plumbing career.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Identify the basic principles of plumbing.
- Recognize the responsibilities of ensuring a safe, potable water supply.
- Describe the types of work involved in plumbing.
- Explain the purpose of plumbing codes and licensing.
- Describe the requirements for licensing and certification as journeyman and as master plumber.
- Summarize employment opportunities involved in a plumbing career.
- Overview of plumbing principles
- Ensuring the health, safety and comfort of society
- History and types of work involved in plumbing
- Overview of plumbing codes and licensing
- Requirements for licensing and master plumber certification
- Plumbing career opportunities
Instructor-approved plumbing textbooks, workbook and handouts
Approved By: Johnson, Alex Date Approved: 12/13/2010
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)