PLT 102 - Plumbing Measuring and Calculating
2 Lecture Hours
This course provides students with opportunities to learn, apply and practice measuring and calculating skills as they apply to plumbing materials and methods.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Calculate pipe length, shape and clearances.
- Transfer calculations to plumbing material using a rule.
- Calculate and measure volumes, pressures and capacities.
- Differentiate specifications on manufacture data sheets.
- Define offset, diagonal, rise and run.
- Pipe length calculations
- Applying plumbing calculations
- Volume, pressure and capacity
- Manufacture specifications
- Sizing pipe for assembly
Instructor-approved plumbing textbooks, workbook and handouts
Approved By: Bullock, Quintin Date Approved: 11/19/2015
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)