PLT 103 - Plumbing 1
1 Lecture Hours 3 Lab Hours
This course is designed to provide beginning plumbing students with a fundamental knowledge of the use and care of tools necessary for the performance of trade responsibility. Special emphasis is given to the proper procedures employed in producing a safe and healthy work environment. Laboratory sessions in soldering and brazing are conducted.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Select proper tools for the job in a safe manner.
- Identify hazards to safety and health on the job.
- Solder and braze joints in pipe, according to standards.
- Apply OSHA laws and practices as they relate to plumbing safety and health.
- Describe safe conditions and procedures.
- Recognize conservation methods which promote a green environment.
- OSHA laws and practices
- Hazardous conditions
- Plumbing tools
- Conservation methods
Instructor-approved textbook and materials.
Approved By: Murphy, Michael Date Approved: 01/28/2014
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)