PLT 224 - Estimating
2 Lecture Hours
This course provides instruction in estimating personal needs, unit costs, quantity and take-offs within the mechanical trade. Concepts of cost projection, analysis, concept estimating, direct and indirect costs and overhead are discussed. Additionally, refrigerant, recovery instruction and certification are addressed. Cost analysis of green materials and methods are also reviewed.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Estimate procedures needed to make quantity surveys of material requirements for cost estimating.
- Plan estimate formats.
- Extract quantities from drawings.
- Prepare a complete bid.
- Recognize the cost differential when utilizing green materials and methods.
- Calculate specialty pricing.
- Create material take-offs in quantities of unit measurement.
- Apply safety procedures for refrigerant recovery.
- Calculate equipment pricing.
- Unit measurement
- Equipment and specialty pricing
- Site work and subcontracting
- Safe refrigerant recovery certificate
- Quality bids
- Green materials and methods
Instructor-approved textbook and materials.
Approved By: Murphy, Michael Date Approved: 01/28/2014
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)