PLT 225 - Medical Gas
2 Lecture Hours
This course will prepare students to install medical gas systems in hospitals or other health-care related environments. Students will become certified in advanced methods of joining, piping and component usage within health care environments. Green materials and methods will be discussed.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Apply medical gas codes.
- Execute installation requirements for medical gases.
- Store medical gases utilizing proper safety measures.
- Braze medical gas lines.
- Test medical installation system alarms.
- Identify mechanical components in medical gas installation.
- Discuss the utilization of green materials and methods.
- Gas installation
- Gas codes
- Alarm and testing
- Mechanical components
- Green materials and methods
Instructor-approved textbook and materials.
Approved By: Murphy, Michael Date Approved: 01/28/2014
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)