RBT 225 - Robotics Control Systems
3 Lecture Hours 2 Lab Hours
Prerequisites: EET 103 and SET 105
This course offers an introduction to robotics, including motive power elements, computer control, safety, work cells and maintenance. A history and classification of robots is included. Programming, calculation of robotic motion, electric and mechanical principles are studied in the laboratory.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Describe basic robotic systems.
- Analyze logic controllers, sequence controllers and computer controller systems.
- Utilize the ten rules of robotics.
- Utilize professional standards in areas of safety and personnel.
- Adopt a teamwork approach to the solution of manufacturing problems.
- Name future trends of vision, touch, hearing, warning and voice recognition systems.
- Basic robotic systems
- Power systems
- Control systems
- Future trends
- Work cell development
- Job titles and skill levels
Instructor-approved textbook and materials
Approved By: Johnson, Alex Date Approved: 04/19/2011
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)