RES 111 - Respiratory Care Equipment 1
3 Lecture Hours 3 Lab Hours
Prerequisites: CHM 109 or CHM 110 and CHM 111 , MAT 108 , BIO 115
Co-requisites: PHY 123 and RES 113
A course relating the equipment used in respiratory therapy to the pathological condition of patients. This course requires a per credit health career fee; check the tuition and fee schedule for the current rate.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- List the indications of Oxygen Therapy.
- List the hazards of Oxygen Therapy.
- Demonstrate the application of oxygen administration devices.
- Demonstrate the administration of lung inflation therapy devices.
- Module I - Primary systems: Cylinders and Piping Systems
- Module II - Gas Regulations, Administration and Controlling Devices
- Module III - Humidifiers and Nebulizers
- Module IV - Bedside Measuring and Monitoring Devices
- Module V - Mechanical Devices That Aid Lung Inflation
Respiratory Therapy Equipment, C.V. Mosby Company, Latest Edition
Approved By: Sutin, Stewart Date Approved: 07/13/2006
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)