Feb 03, 2023
RTT 202C - Radiation Therapy Clinical Practicum 1
360 Clinical Hours
Prerequisites: RTT 101 , RTT 102 , RTT 112C , RTT 120C
Co-requisites: RTT 201
This is a course conducted in a clinical facility where, under direct supervision the student gains more advanced training and experience in the operation of radiation therapy equipment. This course requires a per credit health career fee; check the tuition and fee schedule for the current rate. Students will be charged for radiation badges.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Perform basic knowledge/skills treatment competencies.
- Perform advanced knowledge/skills treatment competencies.
- Perform basic knowledge/skills simulation competencies.
- Perform advanced knowledge/skills simulation competencies.
- Access and interpret patient’s treatment chart.
- Utilize good body mechanics in assisting patients.
- Utilize radiation safety techniques.
- Construct custom beam fabrication shields.
- Complete case studies.
- Perform hand calculations and correlate computer dosimetry.
- Interpret pertinent blood value reports on medical charts.
- Perform morning warm up and quality assurance procedures.
- Equipment and Computers
- Patient Charting
- Evaluations and Competencies
- Treatment Planning
- Case Studies
- Radiation Safety and QA
Clinical Oncology, American Cancer Society, Clinical forms, logs, case study outlines, quiz outlines, dosimetry workbook.
Approved By: Sutin, Stewart Date Approved: 11/08/2006
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)