RTT 214C - Clinical Radiation Therapy 2
360 Clinical Hours
Prerequisites: RTT 203 , RTT 204C
Co-requisites: RTT 213
The certificate student advances in technical competence and learns to use a computer, simulator and calibrate equipment under direct supervision in a clinical facility. This course requires a per credit health career fee; check the tuition and fee schedule for the current rate. Students will be charged for radiation badges.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Perform basic knowledge/skills treatment competencies.
- Perform advanced knowledge/skills treatment competencies.
- Perform basic knowledge/skills simulation competencies.
- Perform advanced knowledge/skills simulation competencies.
- Evaluate patient on a daily basis for treatment readiness.
- Access and interpret patient’s treatment chart.
- Perform hand calculations and correlate computer dosimetry.
- Construct custom beam fabrication shields.
- Practice radiation protection and safety techniques.
- Perform QA warm up procedures.
- Complete patient case study reports.
- Patient Charting
- QA Warm Up
- Quiz Outlines & Dosimetry Workbook
- Treatment Competencies
- Case Study Reports
- Simulation Competencies
- Radiation Safety Procedures
Clinical Oncology, American Cancer Society
Case study outline
Clinical log sheets
Clinical quiz outline
Approved By: Sutin, Stewart Date Approved: 11/08/2006
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)