Sep 21, 2023
RTT 219 - Radiation Seminar
1 Lecture Hours
Prerequisites: RTT 101 , RTT 102 , RTT 201
Co-requisites: RTT 211 , RTT 215 , RTT 218
This course provides a discussion of current literature and publications, new procedures, new radiation therapy equipment, trends in therapeutic methodology, trends in the health care industry (e.g.:demographic patterns, managed care). Included are special presentations by guest lecturers and students. Emphasis is placed on resume writing and interviewing skills. This course requires a per credit health career fee; check the tuition and fee schedule for the current rate.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Employ research writing skills.
- Demonstrate oral communication skills.
- Identify motives or causes of current health care trends.
- Interpret job descriptions and organizational flow charts.
- Formulate job search skills as they pertain to the Radiation Therapy profession.
- Hospice Care
- Death and Dying
- Managed Care/Risk Management
- Gerontology and Elder Care
- Hospital and Departmental Organization
- Resume and Interviewing Skills
- Case Studies – Radiation Therapy Patients
- Research Paper – Oncology Topic of Student’s Choice
Handouts, library workshop, presentations.
Approved By: Sutin, Stewart Date Approved: 11/08/2006
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)