SET 100 - Intro to Engineering Technolgy
3 Lecture Hours
This course provides a study of the techniques and skills needed for success in the engineering technology field. Concepts of engineering problem solving and communications are presented through hands-on experiences in mechanical, civil and electronic engineering technology.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Use calculators required in engineering problem solving.
- Recognize communication strategies that are used in the engineering field.
- Differentiate between mechanical, civil and electronic engineering technologies.
- Recognize appropriate measurement systems and graphs used in engineering projects.
- Outline engineering problem solving concepts.
- Measurement systems
- Mechanical engineering technology projects
- Civil engineering technology projects
- Electrical engineering technology projects
Instructor-approved textbook and materials.
Approved By: Johnson, Alex Date Approved: 04/19/2011
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)