SPH 106 - Interpersonal Comm Skills for Workplace
3 Lecture Hours
Prerequisites: ENG 100
This course examines communication knowledge and skills with an emphasis on identification and application of the skills needed to successfully communicate on a personal level, in the workplace and among different cultures.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Identify factors limiting effective communication and develop strategies to overcome them.
- Recognize the communication needs of the workplace based on its climate and culture.
- Communicate effectively with people from different cultures.
- Recognize the factors of self-concept and perception and how they influence communication.
- Explain the influences of language and non-verbal messages on speech communication.
- Distinguish between and define the elements of effective listening and their counterparts.
- Demonstrate conflict resolution communication techniques.
- Intrapersonal communication
- International communication
- Interpersonal communication
- Organizational communication
- Non-Verbal communication
- Research and analysis
- Presentation skills
Approved By: Johnson, Alex Date Approved: 05/19/2010
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)