THE 109 - Acting 2
3 Lecture Hours
Prerequisites: THE 108 or permission of the instructor
This course is a continuation of the skills and knowledge developed in Acting 1. Emphasis is upon selecting appropriate monologues within the modern theatre repertory. Students will learn and rehearse scenes and present final performances to an audience.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Apply competencies and put to use related to performance.
- Make appropriate choices in scene analysis and text scoring techniques.
- Utlize vocal production skills in performances.
- Develop and evaluate scenes and improvisations contrasting with other actors.
- Prepare and perform monologues related to a play.
- Relaxation and centering
- Vocal production for stage
- Physicalization and improvisations
- Basic monologue and scene work
Current textbooks in acting theory and/or
Monologue and scene books
Digital Camera and monitor
Approved By: Johnson, Alex Date Approved: 05/05/2011
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)