THE 118 - Theatre Production 2
1 Lecture Hours 3 Studio Hours
In this course students explore further all phases of producing theatrical performances. Basic construction methods are practiced. Fundamental concepts in lighting, sound design, scenic design and painting are explored.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Take a leadership role on the various production crews.
- Use tools and equipment relevant to the theatre.
- Safely rig scenery and draperies.
- Interpret a light plot and execute design.
- Hang, focus and circuit stage lights.
- Operate a computer lighting controller.
- Operate a theatre sound system.
- Scenic construction
- Lighting fundamentals
- Stage rigging
- Other related phases of production
Materials and supplies necessary for each semester’s departmental productions.
Contemporary text and appropriate AV materials.
Approved By: Sutin, Stewart Date Approved: 07/13/2006
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)