THE 121 - Technical Theatre 1
3 Lecture Hours
This is an introduction to the theoretical elements of technical theatre. Lighting, design, sound reinforcement, stage rigging, scenic construction and painting techniques will be covered. Students will have the opportunity to apply their skills in various productions.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Define the role of scenic design in a theatrical production.
- Identify the functions and tools of lighting design.
- Safely use hand and power tools.
- Construct scenery for the semester’s productions.
- Mix paints.
- Identify the components of a fly system.
- Set up and operate a sound system.
- Identify the different types of theatres and explain their components.
- Construction techniques
- Hand/power tool instruction operation
- Scenic design and paint
Stage lighting equipment
Hand and power tools
Theater scenic materials (wood, rope, fabric, paint, etc.)
Approved By: Sutin, Stewart Date Approved: 07/13/2006
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)