THE 210 - Acting for Television
3 Lecture Hours
An introduction to television and film acting techniques. Actor relationship to the camera and other technical information is discussed. Exercises, monologues and scenes are developed and videotaped for personal record.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Examine video/film acting skills to the acting student.
- Show and develop acting techniques applicable to video and compare/contrast with stage performance.
- Put the student actor into action in a scene and commercial work and the voice audition.
- Determine a working knowledge of the business how to’s: pictures, resumes, where to go, etc.
- Camera jargon
- Listening skills
- Memorization – scene and monologue work
- Audition skills
Contemporary acting text with television/film concentration
Library reserve materials
Approved By: Sutin, Stewart Date Approved: 07/13/2006
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)