WLD 201 - Prep for Welding Certification
2 Lecture Hours 2 Lab Hours
Prerequisites: WLD 102
This is an advanced course in shielded metal-arc welding procedures to prepare for industrial certification. This includes welding single-vee groove weld-butt joints with backing strips in the flat, horizontal, vertical, and overhead positions following the American Welding Society (AWS) code specifications. Testing materials and fee for AWS certification are added to this course.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Demonstrate the welding procedure for plate certificating using the American Welding Society code specifications.
- Set up and prepare single-vee groove weld-butt joints with backing strips in all positions using American Welding Society specifications.
- Pass the D1.1 D1.5 American Welding Society test on one inch plate in the vertical position.
- Welding Positions
- Beveled Plates with Backing Strips
- Guided Bend Testing Strips
- AWS Welding Certification
- Safety Issues
Textbook approved by the Department, handouts by instructor, video tapes and reading materials.
Approved By: Johnson, Alex Date Approved: 05/13/2008
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)