Dec 10, 2023
WLD 211 - Welding Inspection
2 Lecture Hours 2 Lab Hours
This is a course in the more popular methods of non- destructive testing applied to a variety of metal shapes. Existing non-destructive testing installations and equipment are discussed. Non- destructive test principles are explored in the following methods: liquid penetrants and magnetic particle inspection, x-ray radiology, ultrasonics, and eddy current in action.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Use different measuring tools to check the accuracy weldments and welds according to a blueprint.
- Identify the different welding symbols used on blueprints
- Cite the various code specifications of the American Welding Society for Welding Inspection.
- Employ the various non-destructive testing processes, such as liquid penetrants, ultrasonics, X-ray, magnetic particle and eddy current.
- Basic Welding Metallurgy
- Basic Non-Destructive Testing Methods
- Manual and Automatic Welding Processes
- Common Inspection Processes
Textbook approved by the Department, handouts by instructor, video tapes and reading materials.
Approved By: Johnson, Alex Date Approved: 05/13/2008
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)