WLD 217 - MIG Flux Core Certification
2 Lecture Hours 2 Lab Hours
Prerequisites: WLD 202
This is an advanced course in MIG flux core arc welding procedures to prepare for industry certification. This includes flux core arc welding of single v-groove weld-butt joints and backing strips in the flat, horizontal, and vertical positions in compliance with the American Welding Society (AWS)code specifications. Testing materials and fee for AWS certification are added to this course.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Demonstrate proper ARC welding safety procedures.
- Create a stringer Bead in position G1.
- Create a T joint multilayer weld in position 2G.
- Construct a T joint in position 3G.
- Form a 3/8” v-groove in position 3G.
- Produce a 1” v-groove in position 3G.
- ARC Welding Safety Procedures
- Welding Various Positions in the MIG Flux Core Arc Welding Process
- Machine Maintenance and Set-Up
- Joint Set-Up and Assembly
- Weld Bend Test and Inspection
- Practice Certification Test
Approved By: Johnson, Alex Date Approved: 05/05/2008
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)