ANE 220 - Professional Issues for the Anesthesia Technologist
2 Lecture Hours
Prerequisites: ANE 203C and ANE 214
This course surveys the current trends in anesthesia technology. Emphasis is placed on professional issues such as continuing education, ethical behavior, team functioning and organization of health care institutions. This course requires a per credit health career fee; Check the tuition and fee schedule for the current rate.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Define the role of the anesthesia technologist in health care institutions.
- State the importance of policies and procedures in work settings.
- Create a job resume and cover letter.
- List the steps in the credentialing process for an anesthesia technologist.
- Develop a professional development plan.
- Health care institutions
- Team functioning
- Professional development plan
- Credentialing process
- Resume writing
- Work policies and procedures
Textbooks, library resources, journal, videos and online resources.
Approved By: Bullock, Quintin Date Approved: 05/19/2016
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)