ARA 102 - Elementary Arabic 2
3 Lecture Hours
Prerequisites: ARA 101 or with permission of instructor.
This course further develops a student’s knowledge and understanding of Arabic. Students will study Arab culture including religion, dress, food and everyday life. The course includes advanced communication skills, listening, reading, writing, speaking and culture using the basic building blocks of vocabulary and grammar. This course is a continuation of Elementary Arabic 1.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Demonstrate ability to use Arabic vocabulary through speaking, reading, writing and listening.
- Recognize a larger pool of Arabic vocabulary.
- Describe Arab cultures including religion, dress, food and everyday life.
- Develop proper ways to deal with different everyday given situations.
- Employ vocabulary and grammar to produce structured sentences and express factual information, needs and wants.
- Recognize the modern Arabic language standards used all around the world and differentiate between it and colloquial Arabic.
- Construct knowledge of vocabulary and grammar to comprehend written passages in Arabic.
- Translate a passage in Arabic and summarize it in one’s own words.
- Translate spoken messages.
- Vocabulary and sentence structure
- Reading Comprehension
- Listening Comprehension
- Writing and Speaking
- Colloquial Arabic
Textbook, Internet, DVDs.
Approved By: Johnson, Alex Date Approved: 05/05/2011
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)