Dec 06, 2022
ART 129 - Printmaking 1
5 Studio Hours
This course is an introduction to various printmaking processes, including relief, stencil and intaglio. Students learn the proper use of tools, inks and paper through exploration and the production of edition prints.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Identify the techniques, processes, and materials used in printmaking.
- Create editions through the processes of intaglio, stencil, screen printing and relief.
- Translation of an original idea through the technical printmaking processes used to create a finished product.
- Materials and techniques used in various methods of printing techniques
- Production of edition prints using the intaglio, screen printing, stencil and relief processes
- Printmaking’s application as fine art
The Complete Printmaker by Ross, Romano, Ross
Lectures, Slides, Demonstrations, Critiques
Approved By: Sutin, Stewart Date Approved: 12/13/2006
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)