Aug 19, 2022
ATE 121 - Electrical Systems and Power Accessories
4 Skills Lab Hours
This course covers electrical principles, including voltage, resistance, current flow, series and parallel circuits and Ohm's Law relating to the automobile. This course also covers the operation, testing and repairing of the starting and charging systems, including electrical accessories. Certain course sections will be manufacturer specific.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
- Apply basic automotive electricity and electrical accessories using simulators and lab exercises.
- Explain and apply the principles of Ohm's Law.
- Identify basic electrical circuit designs.
- Use digital volt/ohm/amp meters.
- Interpret and evaluate voltage and current readings obtained during battery, starting and charging testing and diagnosis.
- Electrical Terms (voltage, current, resistance)
- Ohm's Law
- Series, parallel and series-parallel circuit design and operation
- Electrical test equipment
- Wiring schematics
- Wiring and circuit repair
- DC motors and starting systems
Instructor-approved textbook and materials.
Approved By: Johnson, Alex Date Approved: 12/21/2011
Course and Section Search
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)